Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 18 (Friday 9 July)

Some of the Toronto youth came over pretty early today. A bunch of people went shopping for lunch/brunch while others stayed behind to pack luggage and do other work. After lunch we practiced for the youth meeting we were going to in the evening, played through the worship and tried going through Vilhelm's and my bible studies. We went to Rice Paper Viethai Cuisine for another buffet dinner before going to the meeting place for the youth meeting. Due to some misunderstanding we ended up with almost double amount of food before we cancelled the rest of our food orders, and we had some hard time trying to eat up the food we got. Luckily we didn't end up having to pay for wasted food, even though we couldn't finish our gigantic plate of fried tofu.


At the youth meeting we led the worship, had a few games, and each of us in the Norwegian mission team shared a (supposedly) shorter version of our testimonies. It was kinda funny because almost everyone mentioned the SCCC Summer Camp, which was even more apparent now because we all shared our testimonies, instead of just three or so of us like we used to do before. Also I'm not entirely convinced that we were actually able to shorten our testimonies much, because we still used almost an hour for our 11 testimonies. But I guess it was fine.


After the testimonies we splitted up into two groups for the bible studies. I led the university group with Enoch, while Vilhelm led the younger group with Elin. According to Elin Vilhelm did pretty well leading the bible study! I'm not so sure about my leading though, I feel like I got a lot of help especially from Grace who said a lot of things that I probably should have said. The others in our mission team and Helen also helped moving the bible study forward. I feel that I'm just not good at following up on things that other people say... That asides we got a bit of sharing from all of the participants, so my leading aside, I guess it was an okay bible study.


Before leaving we had some group photos with most of the Norwegian mission team (minus Yat Yiu who left after our buffet dinner to visit some relatives) and with the other youth. The Toronto youth wanted us to go with them for some night activities, but we hadn't planned transport for this late so we eventually just went back home to Ivy's place.


Last day tomorrow! Only plans for that day are packing, seeing people for the last time and probably some crying, I think. My brothers and I are going to meet some relatives for lunch. Hopefully we'll still get a chance to see everyone before leaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment