Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vilhelm's personal report

Day 1(Tuesday)  
Sleep

Day 2(Wednesday)  
Get lost in a huge building and met different pastors and co-workers, like counselor Ray(which we thought was pastor Ray, thanks for clearing that up for us Ray, when reading this cause I know you are) and assistant Gloria, youth pastor Kelly Tam, cantonese pastor Hermen, English pastor Fred and Daniel and Ho-mings mom Esther, shu ling worship pastor, pastor Irene and more I don't remember names of. We had a worship workshop where we learnt about practical ways to lead worship. And then we practiced some worship. For dinner we went to pastor Kelly's home were she made us a homemade meal. Really good thanks Kelly and Victor if your reading this.      

Day 3(Thursday)
We went to Evergreen with Gloria. There I met street youth. What I remember the most is that their concerns were different from normal kid, like how to pay rent, get cloth and other necessity with we take for granted. And that they acted somewhat the same way as normal youth in despise their situation, but with some exceptions. 
Afterwards we had a guide that guided us around young-street missions different programs and buildings. I remember the guide told us a story something about how they helped all type of people and that the best way to evangelize through good deeds not word.

Day 4(friday) 
We had a workshop with Ray on how to lead bible study. I learned that bible study is about getting the group to talk and share more than getting trough the bible study it self( which I got to use later in the trip).
Then I went to hong kong it seemed, cause of the cantonese Nexus fellowship. Where we had BBQ, but didn't get to eat cause we had to leave. I think it was to little time and didn't get to know to many people and that is a little sad. They reminded me of my cousins in HK.      

Day 5(Saturday)
Grill and chill, was fun and I talked some people that had been going to the church for a while. Pastor Daniel talked about community and 5 Ts 
Trust, time, tenderness, talk and truth. The order of the words are wrong but the meaning is still there. 

Day 6(Sunday)
Nerves is what I remember from this day. I shared my testimony in front of 70-100 people. What I remember the most is the people there were very in encouraging when i told them i was nervous, which made easier for me to share( if your reading this thank you). When we ate dinner, I talk to Gloria and she asked me and Hanfeng about why Jesus Christ only had to die once for all peoples sin( answer read day 17) I could not answer.  

Day 7(monday)
Wonderland

Day 8(Tuesday)
Prep 

Day 9 (wednesday)
Pray for aunties new church in northern Toronto that she and her husband can can do great work for God there. Amen

Day 10(Thursday)
Canada day got to know people. And met pastor Jim, his wife and son

Day 11(Friday)
Buy bread and groceries for fusion Toronto then go there.

Day 12(Saturday)
Here I learnt a little bit of how to talk to strangers.And that a lot of people need the gospel.

Day 13(Sunday)
Control of the tung (James 3) ivy preach this topic
And pastor andy talked about rut 

Day 14(Monday)
Day off

Day 15(Tuesday)
Read blog I cannot say it any better

Day 16(Wednesday)
Pray meeting thanks for the encouragement from auntie (I don't remember her name)

Day 17(Thursday)
Pray for the ability to do this in my speaking
"Urgent things, say it slowly.
Big things, say it clearly.
Small things, say it humorously.
Things uncertain, say it with caution.
Things that has not happened, don't say it in vain.
Things that you have not yet done, don’t boast about it.
Things that can hurt someone, don't say it.
Distasteful things, say it with focus on the issue rather than the person.
Happy things, say it depending on the occasion.
Sad things, don't say it to every single person.
Other people’s things, say it carefully.
Your own things, listen to your heart before you speak.
Current things, say it after you finish it.
Future things, say it in the future."
And Gloria found the answer to the question in 1 corinthians 15:22, got a follow up question
"was it not two people ,in this case Adam and eve, that caused the world to fall into sin. If not does that mean that if only eve ate of the fruit the world would not fall into sin, if so does that mean that women are less worth then men?"
I think I know the answer, but I want to know what you think.   

Day 18(Friday)
Bible study day 
Today I had lead bible study, which I was not totally prepared for, but as I lead the bible study from the pre made questions I was able to formulate questions that they could apply to their lives, that I had never thought of before I believe that is God working through me. And I got one of the participant to share their testimony, which I don't think I could make anyone do if it was not for God. And thanks to Elin for helping me prepare.

Day 19 Saturday
last day packing talking to people. Saying goodbye to ivy and glen giving them a farewell-gift and 2ball shirt. No one cried until we got to the gate which was just a few steps away from were we stood a few minutes before some of the girls started to cry. It made me feel bad for not crying. And our food went through yeah!  

I hope I didn't make this report to much like the blogs report and that it can give a insight on how I experienced the trip.
Here is some contact info if anyone want to fix my grammar, or just talk.
my mail is : vvilhelm@hotmail.com          

No comments:

Post a Comment