Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nina's testimony

My name is Nina, I am 17 years old and I want to share my testimony with you today. I want to share it with you because I really hope that some of you might connect with the situations I've been through, and that hopefully, some of you might want to have a relationship with God.

So long story short: I grew up in a Christian family, went to Sunday school every Sunday and had fun. This grew boring as a became older, shy as I was at the time I took my little sister with me to join the youth group and it's been my family ever since. I became a Christian very gradually. What really sped up the process, was when God at a summer camp spoke to me through music. Music has always been a big part of my life. I play various of instruments and I sing, so when God gave me the task to lead worship in church I took it. And I've been a worship leader and a Christian ever since.

My whole life changed after I became a Christian. I changed. I'm not afraid to be who I am, because I know that God loves me exactly as I am. I don't need to pretend like I'm someone I'm not. God created each and one of us in this room different. Unique. Special. And he has a wonderful plan for each and everyone of us. And if you choose to, he will be beside you every step of the way.

If you're in a standstill in your life right now, or you can't seem to get the meaning of life, or you wonder who you are, my advice for you would be to get to know God. Because who knows you better, than the one who created you? 

Having God in my life, I am no longer afraid of the future. The Bible says: “do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself.” Matthew 6:34.