Friday, June 18, 2010

Tina's testimony (English)

I grew up in a Buddhist country - China, so I have always been open for things about God. In the beginning I went to Church because my mom went to church, and people in church are very nice. And there was a young lady (my leader) who has been very patient with me, and answered me a lot of questions I had about Christianity. So I wanted to get baptised, and I believed that this God loves people, he sent his only son Jesus to the earth and died for our wrong deeds. So becoming a Christian was a decision I made which I felt was right.

At the time when I had just recently moved to Norway, I was a teenager, and I argued a lot with my mom. I thought that she couldn’t understand me. It isn’t easy to move to a new country, to learn a new language, and to get new friends. So I wasn’t happy, and I often got bored. So I tried to find something which could make me happy, I tried to work hard at school, I tried to find job and earn money so I could buy anything I wanted. I thought maybe looking good could make me happy, so I brought a lot of clothes, but shopping and good school result gave me only short-lasting happiness. I was very concerned about my weight, and finally I got eating-disorder, and dropped school for two years... It takes a long time to tell you the details, but I just want to tell you that it wasn't easy for me and for my mom. It was a painful experience for me. The situation was hopeless for us. Even though I am quite young, but I already had a big setback. This setback let me realise that I could't solve every problem, and that I am so weak. My mother couldn't help me, even my teachers and doctors couldn't. Then I remembered God again, I cried and prayed to God "if you are real, help me!" My problem wasn't solved suddenly and I didn't become very happy immediately, but when I look back and compare how I am now and how I was, I want to tell you that my life is totally different. So many things in my life have changed in a good way which makes me believe in God more and more. I tell you this because I also want you to experience this amazing love which Jesus can give you, and nothing else can compare with it.