Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tore's testimony

My name is Tore, I'm 23 years old and I'm living in Oslo. I will share with you how I got to know Christ and how my life with Him is now.

I was born in a non-Christian family - my mother was an atheist and my father a buddhist. My father converted to Christianity when I was about 8 years old or so, and started taking me to church. It was really boring for me as it was a Chinese church and I don't understand Chinese, the only good thing about going to church was that we got juice and cookies after the service was over. After a little while being in the church I started to attend the sunday school, that was a lot better. I met new friends, we had games and story telling from the Bible, but it didn't mean anything to me, and after a while it got boring, my father had to drag me to church. Growing up I did some wrong stuff with my friends, skipped school, set the woods on fire and stole from the store, but I always ended up being caught. It could be a coincidence, but for me it feels like God stopped me everytime when I look back on it.

As I got older and joined the youth group, I started to understand more God. I didn't have any major experience that made me believe in God, I got to know God over time as I learned more about him. First time I really felt God's presence was during a Christian summer camp, it felt like nothing else in the world mattered and my heart was at ease. It was also during a summer camp that I felt being in the worship team was something I could do to give something back to God.

The life as a Christian hasn't always been easy, I've been walking away from God several times, but an amazing thing God has done in my life is that he has always called me back when I've been straying away. I have experienced that God uses other Christians, maybe without they even knowing to help other peoples. For an example last time we went to Canada, I had been in the army for a year, and its not that easy to try to be a good Christian in military. I wasn't supposed to go to Canda but I got asked if I wanted to join the mission trip. I didn't feel prepared at all and wasn't really sure if I could handle the things we were supposed to do. But I decided to join and the trip was such a blessing for me, I got to know myself better as a Christian and I had the opportunity to experience God in a way I hadn't known before.

Since my last visit to Canada my relationship with God as been more stable, of course I still have problems and struggles in my life, but I have more faith in God now and I feel I have grown as an Christian and im trying to be a good face for Christ. Just being a Christian has made me a better person, and He has given me so much, all the inspiring peoples I've met, the friends I've made, a meaning in life and the chance to come to Canada again and meet and share with new people!